Airberlin 2015 Christmas livery - Repaint request

Felix448

Hi everyone,

as I´m a big fan of special liverys, I´m happy to say that airberlin presented their new livery for 2015! This year it´s not one of their Boeing 737´s, they gave an A320 (D-ABNM) a fresh christmas styled repaint. 

I´ll add one of the first pictures I found for this one, hope to see some more because it´s actually not the best for repainting purposes. Just wanted to ask if someone could work on this one as soon as the situation allows? :lol:

Regards

Please login to display this image.

© Markus Altmann

Notice that it's not enough to ask for donations in Holgi's own repaint forum ( and site ) , now you are asking the same in the " other " painters forum as well .

In this thread : http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87258-paint-request-thread-was-closed/#comment-626268

Mathijs himself said that Holgi is not just a painter but is also a member of the development team ( in post 10 ) , so surely the " easiest " solution is to lend Holgi an Aerosoft company PC until he has enough money to buy / make his own instead of asking customers to pay for repaints , whereas others like myself provide our repaints for free . I don't presume to speak for any of the other painters here but I find this quite distasteful as Holgi himself on his own site states that anyone " donating " would receive priority when requesting a paint . Also , just how " broken " is the PC as Holgi has also been painting for the CRJ project ? You don't need a gaming PC to paint so we're not talking about a €2000 computer .

I started painting the Bus in February 2010 and since then have " lost " 2 external drives , 2 monitors and had to rebuild my own PC  ( CPU , GPU , RAM and motherboard ) without having ( or asking for ) any help from Aerosoft or the forum members . Add to that that I also had to buy the Airbus ( all versions ) in order to paint it . Even after the American A321 paint made by DetCord and myself was added to the product ( download and CD ) we were not included in the manual or received any recognition for it .

• Aerosoft

We'll remove it from that forum.

We decided that knowing about the circumstances Holger faced it would be a correct gesture for us to assist him and to ask other people to do the same if they felt it was a good idea. That has no influence on our gratitude we have towards you, Detcord and many other people. It is however a fact that Holger plays a different role and that is part of the reason we did what we did.  

vor 5 Stunden , John Glanville sagte:

Notice that it's not enough to ask for donations in Holgi's own repaint forum ( and site ) , now you are asking the same in the " other " painters forum as well .

In this thread : http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87258-paint-request-thread-was-closed/#comment-626268

Mathijs himself said that Holgi is not just a painter but is also a member of the development team ( in post 10 ) , so surely the " easiest " solution is to lend Holgi an Aerosoft company PC until he has enough money to buy / make his own instead of asking customers to pay for repaints , whereas others like myself provide our repaints for free . I don't presume to speak for any of the other painters here but I find this quite distasteful as Holgi himself on his own site states that anyone " donating " would receive priority when requesting a paint . Also , just how " broken " is the PC as Holgi has also been painting for the CRJ project ? You don't need a gaming PC to paint so we're not talking about a €2000 computer .

I started painting the Bus in February 2010 and since then have " lost " 2 external drives , 2 monitors and had to rebuild my own PC  ( CPU , GPU , RAM and motherboard ) without having ( or asking for ) any help from Aerosoft or the forum members . Add to that that I also had to buy the Airbus ( all versions ) in order to paint it . Even after the American A321 paint made by DetCord and myself was added to the product ( download and CD ) we were not included in the manual or received any recognition for it .

I kinda got the same opinion about this situation, but well let´s get back to the christmas airbus shall we?

John I´d like to ask you, would you want to make a repaint of this airplane for us? Just if you have some free time left of course. ^_^

Here are some more photos of D-ABNM btw:

COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL REMOVED

Idk why you would remove these photos, the offical photographers were displayed + there was a "jetphotos" watermark...

I apologise for " hijacking " your request but felt that the comments placed by moderators regarding donations have no business here ( and have now been removed ) . The Air Berlin livery has been painted several times in the past , so the original painter is the one to contact as he has everything needed and only has to add the " extra " details as seen in your pictures ( now also removed ) . For another painter to attempt this paint they would have to start from scratch and is the same as having to re-invent the wheel . I am certain that someone else may be willing to paint this livery .

@Mathijs Kok

I'm well aware of the " elevated " position that Holgi has but the point I am trying to make ( badly ) , is in the post I linked to above ( in particular #10 ) , you yourself stated that Holgi is a member of the development team , so surely the obvious solution is to " lend " him a company PC until he is able to buy a new one or repair the old one himself . Asking people to " donate " is the same as asking them to pay for repaints while others are expected to do the same for no reward apart from contributing to the community . Other painters of the AirbusX , namely JanKees Blom , Heliapin , Tyrion and FSXAddict all produced quality work ( for others , search the AirbusX liveries in the Download section ) but never continued with the later versions . Did you ever ask yourself why ? The whole paying for paints is a very slippery slope and the question is , where does it end ? What  happens when another painter is unable to continue when his PC is broken ? Maybe I should consider asking for payment to cover for any eventual PC repairs / internet connection costs that I incur , although I don't think that it would make me very popular in the community .

vor 3 Stunden , John Glanville sagte:

I apologise for " hijacking " your request but felt that the comments placed by moderators regarding donations have no business here ( and have now been removed ) . The Air Berlin livery has been painted several times in the past , so the original painter is the one to contact as he has everything needed and only has to add the " extra " details as seen in your pictures ( now also removed ) . For another painter to attempt this paint they would have to start from scratch and is the same as having to re-invent the wheel . I am certain that someone else may be willing to paint this livery .

Ok, didn´t know that until now, thanks for the information.

Archived