Load and Fuel page

flaihai

Hi there,

Im quite pleased with the actual P3D V3 version of Aersofts Airbus.

Here's a few things, that made me stumble:

1. On the A320 Right FMS Load & Fuel page:

If I enter PAX No (say 120), Fuel (say 5t) and Load (say 13t) I get a TOW/GW of around 74 tons which is around max TOW. Now I believe the simulated empty weight is 10t too high, because using the mentioned figures the TOW is pretty much 10t higher than it should be (on a corresponding real life A320 OFP). Even without talking about the comparison to the real flightplan: This way I'd never be able to takeoff with the plane fueled up and a corresponding load, like full pax and their bags. Or, using the full cargo of max 17t, i would not be able to load a single kg of fuel.

Since this is about 10t and not 10kgs, I think I mention it.

2. On my P3D A320 v 1.31, at night, while the dome light works as well as the orange background light, the ambient lighs won't come on...?

3. Descent phase: Not really important, I just noticed the airplane won't switch to descent phase unless I push the altitude button which I rather seldomly do in real life, as I prefer V/S. I'm used to the airplane stay in Cruize phase for a while then, but I think the AS Airbus never switches in that case...?

Thank you for creating such a great and fun product!

Jan Krebs

Hi Jan,

I can't well understand your way to consider your load:

If I well remember aerosoft A320 DOW (dry operating weight: the empty plane) is about 41,5 tons if I add 120 pax (considering 20 kg of luggage and 80 kg per person considering a mix of men, women and children and their hand luggages) I got a payload of 12 tons I have a total weight of 53.5 tons of ZFW (naturally you have to input 120 pax (the average weight per person is 80 kg or 84 kg I can't remember, but but you can change via right mcdu this average weight) so let's say 9,6 tons= pax+hand bags and (20*120=2400) 2,4 tons of cargo (cargo cargo luggages )= 12 tons of total weight and not 120 pax and others 13 tons of cargo! Cargo in this case means passengers luggages loaded in the cargo bays, mail and freight not also pax weight...

Best Regards

Andrea Buono

• Deputy Sheriffs

@Jan Krebs: Please work through the setp by step guide to learn how an Airbus works. And do not compare it with other aircraft. The Airbus is really different.

Thanks a lot guys. Andrea, you must be right there. I have to subtract the pax weight from the Load weight, that my Flightplan states. Makes sense. Thanks for your help!

Jan

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived