black nd on fsx but fsx se p3d working perfectly

Racer10

I now have 3 simulators on my computer fsx fsxse and p3d ( v2 and 3) ... I have version airbus extended vr. 1.16 in each one and they are all working except fsx...... The problem with the fsx install is that the ND is black and will not light up ( the knobs work but the panel is black ) . the pfd is working ,also  the FMS says under ENGINE... unknown... Its as if the model is not being recognized by the sim. In the fsx sim   this is true for the 320 and 319 models... I think the problem must be in the fsx program, simconnect or something that ties in the model recognition of plane  because p3d and fsxse are working and the FMS  shows engine type and the ND is working perfectly.

Firstly i dont want to uninstall and restart a new installation

Sounds maybe like a simconnect , fsuipc issue for fsx .. how would i fix it. 

I did however reinstall the fsx version to see if it would work and it did not fix the issue

Lastly if i uninstall AEXT from the start menu will it remove it from all of the sims

My base system is w7x64 ....

Thank you

peter

I suppose my problem falls into the "mcdu shows a0-0 and engine unknown category

I have simmconnect

I am looking for a solution...

I have full admin privileges 

it shows the current airac

thoughts.. its seems as though this is a recurring problem as noted in the forum

i have this issue in fsx with a319 a320 a321

peter

15 hours ago, mopperle said:

Peter, in which order did you install the simulators on your PC?

hmm?? good questions

I think it went like this 

1. fsx sp1 2 

2 p3d v2 

3 fsx se

4 p3d v3  ( i did not remove p3d v2 just in case v3 did not work well)

that is the order and my fsx install has been working very well for over a year , it is stable and no faults at the moment other than getting my airbus ext and 319 working again.

It is definitely something about the way the sim interacts with the plane

if is was just the airbus extended model then then 319 would be working.

I have the engine' unknown issue as well

but it seems to be reading the navigraph date correctly..... thanks

Pete

• Deputy Sheriffs

I suggest to install simconnect again. Maybe with so many different FS on one machine, something got messed up.

Fortunately you have access to the various simconnet version through P3D. Here you can find them on your Machine: ...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface

I installed the last one "FSX-SP2-XPACK" and my FSX + P3dv3 incl. the Airbus work fine on the same machine.

hey thanks for the suggestion. tried that and it still does not work at all in fsx . tried several user profiles. and had the same result. the nd is black and the FMS says engine unknown..... i can however report that the aircraft 319-321 airbus extended  works for me  in fsx-se   p3d v2 and p3d v3... ( i realize that those may be unsupported fully ) but it all works.. Fsx which should be fully supported does not work. also note that each sim is on its own SSD... my main drive is C: and does not contain a sim.   

very very strange.........!

finally got it all working again. I had to delete fsx and accel( xpack ) . reinstall fsx xpack, repair and then reinstall airbus ext. Then .... voila..... it all worked again. Now i have it working in both fsx and se.

as a note. i spent allot of time trouble shooting the issue. and finally the only thing that worked was a reinstall... I cant actually tell you what the problem. is but i would have saved myself allot of time by just do a reinstall once i realize that i would not be able to fix it.

Pete

Archived