AES remote sound configuration

birckdk

Hey there,

I am very fond of AES, I feel it adds a great deal of realism to my simulation. I need to configure the sound differntly than how it works now, on remote. I do not know if it is possible, I am sure you can answer. 

I run a two computer setup in my fixed base cockpit

Computer 1 : FSX OPUS, Vpilot

Computer 2: Prosim, AES remote CP flight and a whole lot more.

Sound from my computer 1, the FSX computer, is split up so that the FSX airplane sounds, go through one of three televisions (that create the front view), this is set up in the FSX sounds menu. 

Vpilot sound goes through a sound output in the computer (there are two of these, one in the front and one in the back).  AES, which operates in the remote mode, also goes through the same speakers, and I am not happy about that. I would like Vpilot and AES on differen speakers. 

So: my problem is, how can I change which set of speakers the AES remote sends its sound to? 

I hope I have explained it well enough, othewise please ask supplementary questions. 

Regards,

P B Nielsen, Copenhagen

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Sorry, but this will not be possible the moment, as AES can only use the limited Sound features of the FSX internal API's. The AES Remote Tool only communicate with the Memory via the Vistamare Modules to handle the Menu.

But I will thing about that, maybe it is possible to add this feature in future, so that alternative the sounds will be played in AES Remote, triggered by the AES Code on the FS PC.

• 5 months later...

I have been able to reconfigure the sound in AES, but in a workaround way. The AES remote goes to the default sound device. So if you want it somewhere else, then select that "somewhere else" as your default sound folder, and send your other sounds to the other speakers you have connected. 

regards

P B Nielsen

Copenhanen

Archived