Not following flight path after turnaround

Timothee

Hey

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this issue.

I've installed version 1.31 two days ago. Since then I experience some problems with the Airbus following the flight path. This has only been noticed after a turnaround, it never happened on the first flight (always starting from cold & dark). After takeoff the FD does not follow the flight path anymore. It doesn't matter if the autopilot is on or if I'm flying manually. The only way to fix this is a DIR TO to a waypoint.

I don't have a screenshot for it right now but since it happened for me three out of three times it should be easy to reproduce.

Some details about my system:
Plane: A320-214
Platform: FSX

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, it's been three weeks now and nobody answered. I still don't know if it's a general problem or only one with my installation.
I can even upload a few screenshots to demonstrate whats happening.

As you see the FD does move not until I select DIR TO to my next waypoint. This was in an A321 CFM btw.

Would be nice if at least someone could confirm or negate a bug.

Please login to display this image.

So very sorry that nobody has gotten back to you.

This could possibly be something that has gone unnoticed as everyone I fly with reloaded the aircraft before doing a turn around as that also resets VAS (thus helping to prevent Out of Memory errors).  Of course most of the guys i fly with us ORBX and payware airports as well, so it's important to start a flight (even a turn around) with as much VAS as possible.

What I suggest is that after you get to the gate, reload the aircraft from the flight deck. The best way to do this is the save the flight, and then reload the flight. That way you'll have also reset your VAS.

In the meantime, I'll try and duplicate the problem you're seeing,but after doing the procedure above.

I'll let you know what I find.

Until then... Happy Flights!

Hey Dave

Thanks for your answer. I agree and see your solution as a workaround.
Since I don't use many demanding addons, I fly, whenever I have time, 4 to 5 consecutive flights. Until version 1.30 this was possible without any problem, since version 1.31 I'm experiencing the reported issue.

45 minutes ago, Timothee said:

Hey Dave

Thanks for your answer.

Although I haven't seen this problem myself (because I always reset for VAS), it is possible that either some of the additions made broke something in the software OR (and probably equally or more likely) the software is now doing more (pushing more data) which eats up additional memory - which may very well affect the repetative flights.

Either way, you make a valid point and as of your post I had entered it on the OVPA Beta Team's "To Look At" list.  Given the amount of work we have, I can't promise that I'll be able to get back to you on this issue (I'll try), but we certainly take your comment seriously.

Happy to hear that you're now resetting your VAS. As the aircraft grows, this will become increasing more important to do.

Thanks for caring enough to let us know your observations!

Happy Flights my friend!

• 9 months later...

Just in case anyone is interested in the origin of this problem. Before starting another flight it is important to pull the HDG knob on the FCU (selected mode). This will reset the FD. Otherwise if the HDG knob is left in managed mode, the FD gets stuck in the last course, resulting in the issue I already described.

I'm fairly sure this behaviour has changed with version 1.31 and wasn't like that in version 1.30.

• 1 month later...

Archived