Fly Tampa Kai Tak P3Dv3 upgrade for boxed version ?

Paul K

I have the boxed version of Fly Tampa's Hong Kong & Kai Tak scenery, published by Aerosoft, which I bought at the flight simulator show at Duxford in September 2010. I see that Fly Tampa has upgraded the scenery to P3Dv3, but that's for the download version. Is there anything I can do about upgrading the boxed version, or am I going to have to buy a complete new copy ?

Any help gratefully received

Hi Jonas, I too am looking for the Kaitek update. I posted on the Fly Tampa forums along with a few others and they don't seem to be sure of how it is going to be handled. Hoping you can pull it off... 

• Aerosoft

Hello,

as i said, i have forwarded that request. I havent got a reply from my colleagues so far. I promise, as soon as i know something i will post it here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Jonas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Deputy Sheriffs

In the German section Fabian gave an answer and according to this FlyTampa is simply not responding to Aerosoft's attempts to contact them. Seems to me that they are not interested in providing the update.

Thanks Otto. I think all the owners of the boxed Kai Tak would be very grateful if Aerosoft would continue trying to get an answer from FlyTampa. A definitive answer would allow us to make the decision whether to write-off the boxed version and buy the P3Dv3-compatible download version.

Regards

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I just like to ask, when we can expect the 1.3 Update for box users.

According to my information Aerosoft has got the files from FlyTampa so I think, the update should not take as long...

Thanks

That coincides with my information. I have written an e-mail to flytampa and they replied very quick. According to their answer, they have handed the 1.3 files to Aerosoft a couple of weeks ago.

That coincides with my information. I have written an e-mail to flytampa and they replied very quick. According to their answer, they have handed the 1.3 files to Aerosoft a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the information. It seems that we still need to wait. 

Hello,

just to update you all - we dont have the files for weeks :-) i would call it days.
Currently we still have some problems with the files (the update) so we are not yet ready to publish them.

Once these problems been cleared, we for sure going to release the update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

I do have news for you guys! :)

We have not received the final version of the files yet, however the developer promised to hand them over to us soonish. 

Jonas

Archived