Checklist problem with v1.31

frederic29

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you using the CL only or together with the Copilot function? What really happens?

WXR normally is set on during TAXI ......

Regards,

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi, I can corfirm that there is a bug with PITCH TRIM if you are using the CL and CP function. We are working on this issue. But there are two possibilities for a workaround. 

• Manually set the pitch trim accroding to the value displayed in the MCDU PERF TO page like UP0.8 (standard). Change to the ECAM view and set the ECAM page to FCTL. Then use the mouse and rotate the trim wheel until UP0.8 is displayed..... wait a moment and the checklist will commence
  • Use the SKIP ITEM on the MCDU2 CHECKLIST MENU......

Regards,

Hanse

Update: The bug has IMHO something to do with the fact that pitch trim in LMCDU PERF page is ALWAYS up0.8 by default. So I do the following procedure:
 create a load sheet with AB fuel planner and set pitch trim to up0.8 manually, then generate the loadsheet. In RMCDU I init the loadsheet and do the loading procedure. Then I set pitch trim to up0.8 using the trim wheel (check ECAM FLCTR page)

The CL then commences. Comments welcome.

Best

Matthias

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Matthias,

the PITCH TRIM value from the LOAD SHEET is just an information and not used by the Checklist. The Checklist only uses the PITCH TRIM value from the MCDU PERF TO page........

Regards,

Hanse

txs Hanse - I was afraid of somethimg like that. My procedure is now: I use the load manager as an information for pitch trim and CoG. Then I feed the LMCDU PERF TO page with the respective value (e.g. 1/UP0.6). The pitch trim I adjust to the value in LMCDU (e.g. UP0.6) by using the trim wheel and ECAM FLCTRL page. Done. It worked at least once...

Frankly: After that number of try and error I don't need a hotfix anymore. I can do the procedure with eyes shut ;-)

Best

Matthias

I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but after landing, the copilot kept repeating "set baro reference, captain" and wouldn't stop, no matter what I did.

• Deputy Sheriffs

This is a known bug (which is still on our list) and only occurs if your CRZ LVL is below TRANS ALT and you are using the CL and CP function...... has nothing to do with Pitch Trim. 

Regards,

Hanse

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived