FLT CTRL, ELAC, and SEC switches don't work

nick_sannicandro

So, on Sunday I put up a post named "Landing Speeds." It explained how my plane floated on approach, I found a bit of a solution to that, but don't stop reading. I am using Airbus X Extended A320/A321, and the issue to my flotation issues on landing is this... It seems that the plane is almost flying itself, so I wanted to disable all manual flight control by disabling the ELAC, FLT CTRL, and SEC's switches, but they don't disable when I right or left click on them; they seem to be in-operable. Saddest part here was that in this YouTube link: http://youtu.be/6Mt_XJtTX9Y this Airbus X user seemed to have full control of all of these switches (ge was using the A320)! I really love this product and all I want is to not have to do a go-around every time I try to land this plane. I also don't want to switch back to freeware because I hate those. This isn't a matter of I don't know how to fly- because I do and it's this plane that I love the most- but have the most issues landing with. It's a matter of manual control. Please help me with these switches, i'll run it by one more time: these switches appear to be            in-opeable: FLT CTRL, ELAC, and SEC switches. Is there any possible way to make them operable? It would mean the world for any help I can get here! Many thanks now, and in advance! Email me here for any specific questions you may have about my topic: [removed] thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

So, is anybody going to help me out here, or are we just going to open the conversation and not give answers. I want this fixed now. I'm done waiting for this and everything else I've been waiting for for the past 5 days. This I have been waiting almost three weeks for. Someone help me, it would actually even show some courtesy if some employees were helping me out here and not rely on other viewers to help me.

Nick,

First, I apologize for our support staff, as they seem to have missed this post. Do note, that if you want 1 on 1 support, you should use the support ticket/email system.

Second, I have removed your email from your post as posting your email in public may result in spam mails.

On to the topic:

1. There are several version of the Airbus release in the previous few years. (Airbus X then Airbus Extended followed by the current Airbus Series)

2. All Airbus versions is a Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) product only. As switching off the Flight Control Systems is not SOP, that will not work. 

3. Please follow the Step by Step tutorial, to learn how to get the correct approach speeds.

Archived