Cat will not roll after takeoff

jymp

Any ideas as to why the Tomcat will not roll after take off ?, flaps and rudders work fine on runway, surely this is a bug ??, if so come on update !

Rolls fine for me.  Can you provide details on how your control axes are mapped?  Especially Aileron.  Are you using FSUIPC?  Paid or free?  FSX or P3D?  I can help with axis mapping & cal if needed.

Ok, FSX SE, no FSUIPC, everything mapped as default using Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, all other planes fly fine, tried calibrating several times, jet goes down the runway straight, gets airborne fine, then slightly rolls to the left, then straight into the ground.

Try reinstalling but select the fsx acceleration option and point it to steam (it seems to fix that as well as a few other bugs in steam edition). If that doesn't work disable roll SAS and you should regain control though it will roll much faster with the sas off.

Thought I could help.  I was wrong.  I'm pretty good with FSX legacy and FSUIPC but I don't do SE.  Have it but not installed yet since it doesn't play nice with some add ons I'm attached to.  Hope Wingmate's help works.

Ok, tried Wingmates suggestion, it worked fine !, strange though, but it did work, Tomcat rolls fine now, so appears Steam version Tomcat is different than FSX Accel. version ??

On 01/11/2015, 03:23:16, jymp said:

Any ideas as to why the Tomcat will not roll after take off ?, flaps and rudders work fine on runway, surely this is a bug ??, if so come on update !

Hello,

I believe it's easily solvable - go here, and read post # 7 (disable those switches before take-off).

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/89306-aileron-control-lost-after-takeoff/#comment-641761

Tell us if it worked please.

Archived