Mega Airport London Heathrow apparently installs ok in FSX/SE, but doesn't appear in scenery.cfg

azc60

Hi,

I just downloaded Mega Airport London Heathrow as part of order # 722847. Downloaded ok, unzipped ok, apparently installed ok but not showing up in the sim (FSX/SE).

No error messages during or after install, and there are two appropriate looking directories (...Airport and ...Terrain) in the aerosoft subdir alongside all my other aerosoft products.

No entry in the scenery.cfg file though, and I'm seeing the default airport if I choose it to fly from.

Ran the setup.exe as administrator as usual. Uninstalled and tried again, same thing. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, still exactly the same. Can't see anything in the manual that covers this and didn't find anything here in the forum (at least with a fairly basic search).

Haven't tried just adding the scenery directories manually to scenery.cfg. I figure that even if that works something is wrong here and I'd like to get that resolved rather than kludge it.

I do also have VFR London X on the system so don't know if these two conflict? If so, will the same thing occur with the London City Airport I just bought in the same order?

First time I've had a problem installing scenery (and I've got loads of the stuff on here) so a bit bemused.

System is Win7 Pro 64, FSX/SE, P3D 2.5

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Andy

To add to the original post -

Have installed it to P3D, no problems

Have added the scenery layers manually to FSX and now shows up ok.

But the jetway-patch.exe won't run as it doesn't recognise the basic airport as being installed, so something is still missing/wrong.

OK, so I just went back to the main site and checked and see that this product is not specified for the Steam Edition, and as Aerosoft states that products are not compatible with SE unless explicitly described as such I guess that answers the question.

I guess I've just RTFM'd myself.

I'll consider this one "answered"

Apologies.

Whoa - just checked back on the actual installer and it quite clearly states -

"Mega Airport London Heathrow Xtended

for Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition"

So my original question/observation stands. This product has NOT installed correctly under FSX/SE and I consider this a valid support issue.

Archived