Aerosoft Airbus X No ILS

davidmarlson

Hi Aerosoft,

It seems that the ILS on AAB (Version 1.3) has some issues here.

First of all, I want to make clear that my steps were correct as I could go for ILS approach for other airports with no problem.

I tried (5 times) to approach VVTS (The airport scenery is by Thai Creation) runway 07R and I can't get the localiser active.  I was thinking this is the issue of the airport scenery itself.  However, when I tried the same airport and same runway (at same attitude) with a PMDG 737, localiser was alive so that I could land by ILS approach.  So I guess the issue was coming from the aircraft rather than the scenery.

Can you please assist to look into the issue?  May be there is a hotfix I missed?

Thanks a lot.

Dav

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dav, 

Are you on the same nav cycle with your bus and your PMDG 737?

I would guess you are not, and that there simply is a mismatch between the nav aid data in your sim and the nav cycle data. 

Hi  Dav,

are you sure the ILS frequency in the scenery matches the current data?

In the 737 you enter the frequency manually while in the Airbus it is autotuned, so if the frequency has changed since the release of your addon scenery it could be that the new frequency which might be autotuned by the Airbus is different than what you manually enter in the 737.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Dav,

Yes, I meant the AIRAC cycle. The auto correct on my mobile did some confusing things... Sorry for that.

I would also guess like Emi that there is a problem with the ILS frequency in the sim and the one in the AIRAC data. Can you tell me/us please to which frequency your bus tunes automatically?

Hi Tom / Emanuel,

Confirmed that both PMDG and AAE are using AIRAC 1510.  I remember I made a check against the chart but I cant remember what is the frequency now.

Let me give another try and revert.

Thanks

Dav

• Deputy Sheriffs

Dav, just to make sure:

The correct ILS freq for 07R is 111.7 and this one is automatically tuned in by the Airbus. If the scenery itself uses an older freq. then you have to manually tune the freq.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived