LIRF Rwy 07

buzz999

I have found that AI dont take off from Rwy 07, they line up and stay there until there is a bunch of overlapping AI that eventually just disappear.

Is this just my installation or is there a problem with my AFCAD?

Disregard runway 07, 99.99% of the time airplanes don't takeoff from that runway... The AFCAD file (LIRF_AF.bgl) needs to be modified and star runways need to be added, in order to obtain the real world runways use, that is:

1. Normal conditions: runway 25 for takeoffs (heavies also on rwy 16R) , runways 16L/16R for landings.

2. Northerly wind:  runway 25 for takeoffs (heavies also on rwy 34L) , runways 34R/34L for landings.

3. Strong westerly wind (from 240°-260°): runway 25 for takeoffs and landings.

I have heard, that the Italien Air Traffic Controllers are on strike until wednesday. ;)

To be honest, I don't know. Can you change your settings in the AI traffic tool, or is there a possibility to activate a specific runway?

Thanks for the replies.

My current weather is winds from the east so FSX directing all traffic to Rwy 7.

I guess my pilots are on strike too,

refusing to take off :))

My current weather is winds from the east so FSX directing all traffic to Rwy 7.

In real life, unless the wind is from 060°- 080° with a speed of at least 30 knots (thing that never happens), runway 07 is never used.  

Hi, yes I will get some screenshots, just done flight up from Bari and directed to 16R, wind still from same general direction, whereas previous flights from Venice and  Palma directed to 7.  Will try to recreate scenarios and get some screenshots. Thanks

Runway 07 is missing a hold-short node in the AFCAD. After adding that, AI will taxi and take-off from runway 07. Indeed also no fake runways are present by default.

Indeed no fake runways are present, but can be added with Airport Design Editor, provided you know how to add them. I have 3 AFCAD files, one with rwys 25/16s (takeoffs/landings), one with  25/34s, one with 25/25. I made a small batch file that places the correct file according with the real life wind. The fake runway method works well.

Archived