Will Twin Otter Extended be fully supported in P3Dv3 ?

User_34235

• 2 weeks later...

I have installed this to P3D3 then tried to move the simobject folders to an external folder as per Lockheed Martin's advice.  While the aircraft seems to load up, it only does so after a slew of sound errors. Adding the sound directories to the LM cfg files does not solve this problem.  :(  Cheers K

EDIT: Seems even with the simobject folders in default locations I get the sound errors?

EDIT2:ok, with all the simobject folders in an external folder I get sound errors.  When I move the one I want to fly back to default location I get sound errors.  When I move ALL the simobject folders back to default locations I do NOT get sound errors.   Which is ok, but not ideal since I want to locate them away from my P3D3 folder :s

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is sad to see businesses go the quantity over quality route more and more these days. It is the reason that I do not use Samsung phones anymore, The reason I do not buy Carenado planes, apart from their awful flight modeling and it will be the reason why the twotter will have been the last Aerosoft product for me in the end. Basically you get what you get and then you are left out to hang.

And it is not even that I would be not willing to pay for longer support in small installments. Say 5-10€'s. Its the same with the GTN 750 implementation. Other developers have a smaller portfolio but support it longer. Making me more inclined to buy their next product, as I know I will have a long time with it being cared for and updated.

This is not a rant,your opinion may differ and rightfully so. This is just how I personally feel. In the end it comes down to the business' decision and customer preference.

• 5 months later...

Is there a clear Road Map to install Aerosoft - Twin Otter X Extended Ver 1.11 into P3D 3.3. Have done a lot of reading and monitoring the Aerosoft update page and form, no joy - at least for me. Thanks much!

On 1/17/2016 at 8:40 AM, darem said:

So what's your problem, really? The Twotter installs fine and runs fine in P3D V3.x. Help me to understand.

So, do I select P3D V2 when I try to install to version 3 then?!  Sorry, but I just purchased the twin otter and did not see where it did not say V3 NOT supported?!

Bruce

• Deputy Sheriffs

But AS do say so:

System requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V2
Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mouse with mouse wheel  (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control
Download-Size: 450 MB 
Installations-Size: 1.8 GB

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=article_detail&s_supplier_aid=12679

No word of P3D V3. That is a pretty clear statement.

THIS is what I saw on the Aerosoft site I went to!!  There was NO mention of what P3D version!  Here is the link for you: http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showdsearchotter:010010!0,7443781880,12679

System requirements:
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) or Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7, Windows 8 (all fully updated) (64 bit version highly recommended)
3.0 GHz processor (Dual Core processor or equivalent system recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
Mouse with mouse wheel  (please note the controller and mouse with mouse wheel are absolutely needed)
3D Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB (2 GB recommended)
Control unit (joystick) with throttle and rudder control
Download-Size: 450 MB
Installations-Size: 1.8 GB

That was the U.S. webpage, I see.  The G.B. page has the P3D V2 reference.  Obviously, I went to the U.S. site, being from North America.

Bruce

Anyways, I installed using the V2 option and it seems ok.  But I did a couple edits before I ran it, in an xml file and the registry just to be sure.

Bruce

I had an issue with the float plane takeoff/landing when looking from outside, the water effect textures were flickering. Is it working good in P3D v3.3.5?

Archived