CTDs and blue screens

Roy3103

Gentlemen,

In the mean time i experience more problems since i installed the airbus. I got my first couple of CTD since 1 year, my scenery is messed up and since yesterday night i had 2 blue screens ( Windows closing it self in midair and shows a blue screen with the message that there is a problem and is dumping physical memory ). At this moment im looking for a solution for this but it is remarkble that before installing the airbus everything was fine and after the install i face a couple of problems. The more i test the more problems it gives. I checked if my computer and all other hardware and software is updated and it is. If you did some more testing, please let me know the results.

I would like somebody from Aerosoft to respond to this aswell.

Greets,

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Roy,

what troubles me are the blue screens you have spoken about. Regular applications run in the so called "user mode" within Windows and from there no blue screens can be triggered. Only code in the so called "kernel mode" can do so. This is either Windows itself or hardware drivers.

Do you have the latest Nvidia drivers installed for your card?

Tom.

Tom,

Must be since i checked everything yesterday. An other thing i find out during my 12 hour tests yesterday is that when i use unlimited on the frame limiter i face troubles but as soon i put it on 30 no blue screens or other problems. Doesn't change the fact that my bus i behaving strange on long flights. The longer the flight the worse it gets. Legs like an EHAM LFPG distance is fine though

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

...when i use unlimited on the frame limiter i face troubles but as soon i put it on 30 no blue screens or other problems....

But this again points to a hardware/driver related problem. What kind of hardware eactly do you have? A notebook?

• Deputy Sheriffs

So there can be a lot of reasons, like the notebook is getting to hot after a longer flight, it then throttles down the CPU which might end up in errors.

But as long as you do not provide the detailed error messages of the CFT and Bluescreen help is nearly impossible.

Mopperle,

The blue screen was caused by an Cache error. I dont know how to open een minidump file, although i tried to find how to do it but sometimes i think you need to be an engineer or professor to understand what they are talking about.

I doubt that the laptop is getting to hot, sometimes i do a double long haul, 24 hours back and forth but you never know.

Roy

Otto,

I give up. I reinstalled Windows and FSX, Only installed Aerosoft bus, all sliders to the left, lowest of the lowest possible graphics and still 5 frames. At least no blue screens or CTD but not a lot of fun

Would it be possible to re-sell the bus or get a refund?

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Sorry Roy, as the Airbus runs on thousands of systems well, something is not as expected on your system, either the hardware, other software or settings oin FSX in general. So no refund possible.

Otto, 

I don't understand what it could be. I did a complete reinstall of Windows and FSX and updated everything. Installed the hotfix and changed the WX line  in the .ini file. So its a complete clean pc with only FSX and the Bus installed. What can i do more? How can it be that with other planes i have a decent 20 frames but with the bus it drops to 5?

So no refund but i can re-sell ?

Roy

• Deputy Sheriffs

Then I would say only in theory possible, as the license is tied to your personal account, which would need a very complicate transfer process. But to make sure, best ask Aerosoft directly. For contact details ahve a look at the website.

I'm betting this is a heat related issue, which is indicated by the Blue Screen during unlimited frames, and no BS when frames are limited.

I realize there is a lot of information out there about whether run limited or unlimited frames, but in your case I would limit them to 30fps.  I would also obtain some extra cooling (fan pack) for your notebook computer.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

Sorry for my late reaction since i am quite disappointed with the service from Aerosoft. Yet they ask me what the problem is and i ask what i can do to make it work but making suggestions is a no go. I the mean time i de-installed the bus and didn't even bother to download the update. But hey....i'm just one of the thousands that own the bus and has a problem. I consider it as money i throwed in a toilet bowl. Sad but tru. But........ i'm quite surprised that you gave me some advise though and as a matter of fact, before i saw your post i did order a vacuum cooler for the laptop and i am looking for a coolerpad aswell. Bus or no Bus, it will help my laptop in some sort of way. 

Thanks a lot for the reply and giving me a suggestion Dave

You are most welcome.

Can you tell me if you have the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321?  Or are we talking about a previous version?

If you have the former, then I can tell you that the  vast majority of people are able to fly the Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 without any technical difficulties. There are a few things which are inconsistencies with real world operations (most wouldn't see them but a few do and report them), and there are also a few bugs - many of which were addressed in the latest update.

If you're talking about previous version of the Airbus, then I'm not really qualified to discuss them.

I am however a retired computer engineer, Microsoft Trained Technician and Network Administrator, I've done FSX Support for about 8 years, and I'm very proud to be a member of the Aerosoft Support Team - a bunch who have earned my respect. Nobody's perfect and unfortunately people with problems sometimes do slip through, and for that I'm am deeply sorry. Maybe with you and I working together we can get the Airbus working better for you.

As I'm sure you know, FSX is a monster on even the very best processors, and when you contain a processor in a small box (like a laptop) then the processor is going to get really, really hot. Computers don't work well with a lot of heat because the microcircuits actually expand, meaning that the processors and registers go a little insane and that's when a Blue Screen occurs. High amount of heat can also cause micro-fractures in circuits, permanently damaging them.  Hopefully you've not suffered this.

I know we're already discussed your heat issue, but I'd like to go a step further.  What I'd like you to do is reinstall the Airbus (there is a brand new version out, Version 1.31) and set all your FSX settings (including traffic) down to the lowest level.  Don't worry, we'll slowly bring those settings up, but we'll monitor your CPU and Laptop temps as we do so.  The program I recommend to monitor those temps is Hardware Monitor and you can download it HERE.

So, load up the Airbus with the minimum FSX settings, and see how it works!  If it's fine and your temps are fine, then you can slowly bring up your graphics settings, followed by Traffic Settings.  Don't exceed 20% on any traffic settings and I also recommend you don't exceed any settings beyond (basically) mid-level.  They can just be very hard on a laptop, even with extra cooling.

Also, would you please do me a favor and post your system specs and what FSX related software you're using?  This would be a HUGE help.

I'm looking forward to working with you.

Good day!
Sorry for my English.
I also have a problem with the CTD and BlueScreen in FSX on Airbus version 1.31. On version 1.30 was fine.  I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed.

Can you tell me anything to help? 

Thank you

Archived