Aerosoft entries under the Start menu in Windows 10

WebMaximus

Noticed since upgrading to Windows 10 that when installing Aerosoft scenery products they all end up directly under the Aerosoft group rather than having their own sub-groups. So instead of having Aerosoft-Oslo for example I only have Aerosoft and then all items related to the Oslo scenery ends up directly under the Aerosoft group.

When installing lots of Aerosoft products this gets very messy rather quickly and especially so when some of the included config tools etc are simply called Config-Tool rather than Bergen Config-Tool for example. And looking at charts I currently have 6 entries under the Aerosoft group all called Charts but I have no clue what entry is related to which product...again because the all end up directly under the Aerosoft group rather than ending up in a subgroup for each product and when they are all called simply Charts rather than Bergen Charts or something like that.

Then today I installed the new version 2.0 of Aerosoft Zurich and that one did create a new group but unfortunately not under the normal Aerosoft group but instead it created it's own Aerosoft Mega Airport Zurich group.

Not sure if this is caused by your installers not being fully Windows 10 compatible or if it's me having some setting for the Start menu in Windows 10 set wrong?

Thanks for the tip Tom.

Normally I prefer to install as few "extras" as possible trying to keep my FS rig as clean as possible but maybe I'll check it out.

As for the default Start menu in Windows 10 I only see this problem with Aerosoft products, all other products I have installed are in their own groups just like normal.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I haven't installed P3D on my Win10 system yet, so I can't tell. Maybe the AS installers do something "special" although I could hardly imagine what that could be.

Even with Windows 10 having it's own start menu back I still find it less useful as the old one from Windows 7. And that's where Classic Shell fills the gap. And under Windows 8 it was the only way to get a start menu anyway.

I actually noticed that with a lot of FS softwares. It doesn't list sub folders in start menu-> Programs list.

I would rather try and find a windows 10 native solution than try an external addon. Any ideas ?

It might be related to the way Windows 10 handels certain things, but since most of our installers have not been programmed for Windows 10 (keep in mind most software is from pre windows 10 and not listed as compatible!) issues might occure.

Yeah, I realize this being a Windows problem but still find it strange why I don't see the same behavior with all software.

Not a big deal but might ask about this over in some Windows 10 forum as well. Maybe there's an easy solution.

Archived