Diaries

Here you will find the stories of the pilots. If you like to join our flight please make a post that has your name (or nick) as the topic.

134 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
    • 68 replies
  2. Almost Aviation

• 23 replies
    • 50 replies
  3. Fantastic Trippe

• 16 replies
  4. Topics
    • 106 replies
    • 16 replies
  5. Rupert's in

• 31 replies
  6. bruchpilot

• 9 replies
    • 11 replies
  7. DaveLTB

• 38 replies
  8. Jess B

• 32 replies
  9. Janek Szczygielski

• 19 replies
    • 16 replies
  10. Kozao: Routes

• 13 replies
  11. quaxpilot

• 81 replies
    • 16 replies
  12. nmetheny: RTW80

• 17 replies
    • 27 replies
  13. Sideout

• 8 replies
  14. itsfine

• 24 replies
  15. Delps Diary

• 41 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 23 replies
    • 69 replies
    • Sometimes the silence it's very loud....if it is then i'm very haaaaaaapppy...
    • Quote:   “It is noteworthy that the few who took Mathijs advice and reinstalled Windows and all their flight sim software had the problems disappear.”   Not a chance I would take a blind shot in the dark, going through all that hassle, waste 2 days of my time just to see if, maybe I can get a performance improvement in the CRJ. No way, the TFDi 717 was a slide show for me when I purchased it. Now, after several updates I am satisfied with the performance I am getting. I just hope Aerosoft can do the same for their customers in short order and not let these seemingly menial issues that we have get swept under the rug. As always I am confident Aerosoft can and will make this product even better than it already is.    Regards
    • After reading this article I'm now concerned about the limit as well!  I've submitted many JPEG shots, which I know don't take nearly as much space as other formats.  Having said that, I am aware of no way, unless warned, to determine how much space my submissions have taken to this point!     IT'S PROBABLY NOT TOO HARD TO PROVIDE A "SLIDING SCALE" OR SIMILAR REPRESENTATION OF HOW MUCH OF THE FULL AMOUNT OF ALLOWED PHOTO ENTRIES WE HAVE LEFT.  Or when logging into this "club", a notice of how much allowed space was used & how much was left would really be helpful.   I'm still in India, but being ahead of time, I'm using my time to tour other areas such as Paro Bhutan as well.  And based upon past trips there, Paro and the surrounding areas are great places to take screenies!! However, if I'm near or even close to being near my limit of screenie submissions, I will hugely cut back on my submitted screenies for the rest of the trip.    The sooner we are all made aware of our current used percentage of the screenie limits, obviously the better and more enjoyable all our diaries will be!   In fact, due to the lack of info on the topic, I'm even scared to add a screenie into this or any other forum piece lest it count against my overall total as well.   Rupert.
    •   nmetheny,  Thank you so much for your service Sir!!  As to the issues I was concerned with in the early days of this fun trip, that was truly early days.  I now feel confident that I have a better understanding and appreciation of this event!  And I've managed, as far as I know, to get up to date on the logbook requirements as well.   I too am just a virtual pilot, these days.  I was discharged from the Marine Corps when I could no longer pass a physical and found a non-military career from which I am now retired and am very satisfied with.  Having said that, I owe my enjoyment of being a virtual pilot to my, now also retired, VA shrink.  As head of his department he got all the "hard cases."  Which you won't be surprised to note, I was one of those he had to deal with.    My doctor said a whole lot of my issues had to do with my feelings of guilt.  As in, while fighting a war I realized how many innocent people lost their lives, their homes, and certainly their sources of income due to multiple happenings they had no control over.   He suggested as a former pilot, I get a flight simulator and "fly" over the areas I remembered flying over in combat.  WHAT A WONDERFUL SUGGESTION!!  I got Flight Sim 2004 and started flying over many areas in Vietnam, Laos, and Thailand where I had flown in combat.  As shown today these are normal parts of their local environment and I've never been shot at while flying there even once!!   And like long-term exposure to any other feel-good product, I'm well & truly hooked on "flying" again!  So I'm really enjoying this event, flying various aircraft using FSX as my current simulator.  I am especially enjoying reading of the escapes of others also on this trip!  And, I admit, my wife often walks into my office and asks what Lambert is up to today as well!!  How great is that!!??   Rupert    
    • I am also interested in the answer to this.  The Aerobus would be a grand slam with Trueglass