Global Air Traffic Control

This forum is intended for all discussion regarding GATC (Global Air Traffic Control), the most versatile ATC simulation to date covering close to 14000 airports!

256 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Topics
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • EDDF issue..stuck at 6%
      I came back to report that this issue is fixed. Not sure how. But i suspect that a restart of the machine fixed it.
    • IXEG 737 Handhabung
      Vielen Dank für den Hinweis... Bei der 777 oder der 757 funktioniert die Wiedergabe ja wenigstens teilweise (ohne Sound). Na dann warte ich mal ab. Trotzdem ist die 737 derzeit mein Lieblingsflieger :-)
    • A Plea to the Community
      Having only newly come into the Flight Simulator community, I don't have the sense of perspective that some of the rest of you do. As a result, I've come at this with "fresh eyes" as such, though I've been knocking around computers for quite some time. My immediate reaction about some of the skins (you call them liveries here) is that they've clearly had a lot of time put into making sure that they're as crisp as can reasonably be expected from a ten year old simulation engine, where resolution limits are a lot lower than we're accustomed to expecting in 2016.   Some other skins I've seen ... well, put it this way, I'm disappointed with one particular rendition of an Air New Zealand Link livery for a payware SAAB 340. The tail textures and body textures are all low res looking, even though they're 1024x1024x32. And that's from a payware example. My freeware examples for the same plane have a far better livery, the textures are crisper, even though the resolution's the same.   In the Aerosoft skins (I recently bought the combo pack of A318/19/20/21), I'm considerably surprised how much better the skins look than on the aforementioned SAAB 340. The same goes for the freeware equivalents from Project Airbus. I suspect that part of the reason lies in the plane's fuselage being broken down into smaller pieces, yet the resolution has been retained, for a net increase in clarity. I'd appreciate a correction on this, as I don't know whether it's just me noticing that. Clearly the authors have done a lot of work in making sure that at least the fuselage (which is what people see from the outside) is crisp enough to recognise from 300 feet.   Now, onto the OP's topic. Yes, I feel that far more people should be leaving a review, as this does multiple things (probably already hashed out in other topics here, but I'll reiterate anyhow) such as encouraging authors to continue, perhaps improving as their own technology and understanding matures.   It can also be a useful self-correction mechanism where perhaps an author has "missed" something that everyone else considers necessary, so reviews let the author know this. I'm only sorry that I have never really thought to leave a review yet. I have also been guilty of taking these great skins for granted and not acknowledging the work and time put into them. I took a look at the workload required, and it's well beyond my current level of expertise, even if I went out and got my own pictures. I only hope I do better, and make sure I leave at least a few reviews for the liveries and planes I love to fly.   (Post 3)   Regards, BrickViking (a.k.a. DrSmokey)    
    • EDDF V2 Lights problem
      Reverting back on Dx9 solve the taxiway lights pb, but the buggy runway lights still remain.
    • Bergamo lights
      Well I disabled Dx10SF then switched back to Dx9 : it solved the problem. So i was right, the scene is bugged and not totaly compatible with Dx10.   EDIT : solved the pb thanks to http://www.avsim.com/topic/386232-navigation-lights-are-square-in-dx10/  EDDF v2 still remain buggy.