Aerosoft Airbus X Extended

All support and discussion for the Airbus X Extended (2012). Please note this is NOT the same as the Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319 and Aerosoft Airbus A320/A321 products

Forums

1. Airbus General

Discussion that does not fit in one of the other categories

Standard questions and answers

All about FMGC, FAC. MCDU and FCU

Engines (FADEC), Flight Controls, Fuel, Electrical, Hydraulics, Communication, Equipment, APU, Doors, Landing Gear, Web server

All possible hot fixes and updates

PFD, ND, E/WD, SD, FLT Recorders

ADIRS, GPWS, RAAS, Radio Navigation.

All about the right MCDU

If you like to change things, come here first!

In this forum we are working with invited customers to sort out issues we can not recreate in our development offices

11. Holgers Liveries

Holger Sobl is a highly prolific repainter for the Airbus X (and a great friend of Aerosoft). In this forum he can inform you of what he is doing, what's available and what's planned.

Any question on how to link your hardware or software to the Airbus X Extended? Here's the place!

• P3D V3 und Intel i7 6700k
      Teste doch P3D einfach selber, LM hat 60 Tage Rückgaberecht.
    • Aerosoft A330 preview
      This week one of the things I looked at was the weather radar. Now before I go on, these are images for the current bus, the A330 Navigation Display looks a heck of a lot better and the moment it is mounted in it's frame I will show it.  But to check the realism I asked a befriended pilot to make some images of an area where Weather Radar and Terrain Display are clear to see. I like the results but we also know where we can tweak a few things.   The area is just east of Thessaloniki. Here it is in Google Earth:   The real bus shows that terrain like this:
        Our bus shows it like this:
        More interesting is how the weather radar shows it. As you might know a weather radar is able to show not only radar reflections of rain but also of objects like mountains, buildings etc. And our weather radar does that because it is actually useful as a navigation tool. This is how the real bus shows it:
      See how nice and clear that is? Very easy to find that on a chart, much easier the the display of terrain on the ND because that is mainly intended to avoid flying into terrain, not really to navigate.   Our bus shows it like this:
      And yes, our weather radar actually scans terrain data to create the image! But we also see that we show it a bit different and that might be updated. We think the difference is just resolution, that might be very hard to fix because doubling the resolution quadruples the amount of memory used. But still it is nice to show something that you will not find in any other aircraft. For us it is simple because our weather radar is not just displaying a weather pattern created in memory by a tool, but we actually scan inside FS, just like a real weather radar does!   Again, ignore the resolution of the WX image shown, that is now very different.    
    • Simstarter und ActiveSky-SE
      Hi gerolamo, kannst Du mal das Logfile posten? Liegt unter ".\log\SIMstarter NG.log". Schau Dir die Datei mal mit einem Texteditor an und suche nach "CHANGEASN".   Da sollte stehen, warum er glaubt, dass ASN nicht installiert ist.
    • Crashing when using the auto-route
      hmm... that must have been released with-in the last few weeks, never got a notice in the application.. or are we not getting that notice anymore?  This was a fresh download about a month ago, thanks for the info.
    • Loss of performance after takeoff
      Impressing topic,from emi and frank...i thought that all simmers know that they're not forced to comply immediately  to cl detent,in some situations(low speed at low altitude,weather surprising conditions etc...) As former military pilot,we sometimes take over the system when it's needed. Now,i think some simmers facing stall,or other issues as mentioned earlier due to the lack of understanding the operational method of using the throttle levels or stages,when standered circumstances aren't met at the take off or other stages in the flight.