Hardware and OS Discussions, suggestions and insights

We all know that getting the right combination of hardware and software for your complex simulations is not easy. Feel free to ask advice here or to share your experiences.

501 topics in this forum

1. Pinned topics
    • 10 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 6 replies
    • 0 replies
  2. Topics
  3. PC Upgrade for P3D V4

• 20 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 4 replies
  4. Windows 10

• 38 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 16 replies
    • 0 replies
  5. Fast drives

• 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 6 replies
    • [LOL] ... as a pilot myself I will agree to that :-D      In defence, maybe it's just the angle but I can assure you that all lights are working on the Q400 regardless of any shader tweak applied. BUT, as I said above ... if I have to choose between the shader effects and reds lights (only) at LSZH then I'll choose the red lights (only) at LSZH.  
    • I never used the tutorial flight. But I read it and used the procedure for my own flight.
    • I actually wasn't sure or not if it was indeed RL initially as I didn't read that list.    I apologize if it was perceived that I thought you guys hid its existence.   Definitely alternate .fx based lightning set for us SLI users is ideal so we can fly the bus a night which an SLI user currently cannot unless you turn SLI off.   Keep up the great work gentlemen.
    • No problem here. With activated APPR, the prev page was gone on APPR page.
    • Everything went OK, but after re-installing KJFK V2, i select active runway but it starts with the bus in short final in cold and dark (?) i can land and put the brakes  and aircraft stops, or sometimes i get a start with st elmos fire and immediate crash, when i disable FSDT JFK V2, startup is normal.  And yes, i downloaded today the latest version from their website with updated SODE and updated for p3dV4