CumulusX!

Discussion related to all aspects of this exciting new program that puts thermals in FSX and creates ridge lift using CCS slope files.

166 topics in this forum

1. Prepar3D

• 11 replies
  2. Hello from a newb

• 2 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 9 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 7 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 3 replies
  3. Smart Tow Plan

• 5 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 2 replies
  4. Peter - a request...

• 2 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 5 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 4 replies
  5. Erratic Lift Behaviour

• 4 replies
  6. No lift

• 10 replies
    • 7 replies
    • Eduard, it is always a good idea to search with Google for the faulting module. In case of XAudio2_7.dll it brings tons of posts regarding crashes with various apps, interesting to read for example:
      https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/0/1473095331497985748/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/far-cry-3-crash-every-15-minutes-because/e0637a81-f3fc-41d3-adc2-6e3c6d81ee37?auth=1
    • Hi sure we are following   Well the terminal has been created as a construction side only because we/the original developer still miss good reference pictures of the new terminal in its finished state.    If you like I can offer you a quick fix to deactivate the barriers although the terminal itself won't be reworked as long as there is no good source.    Cheers Marten 
    • I just had a longer discussion with feedback about wx and wx radars with one of our testers. During our discussion he showed me this picture which I'd like to share with you together with his comment:   "Isn't it really great that I don't have to open ASP4 anymore, or switch between a dozen MCDU pages, just to get my METAR? Previously I had to open the ASP4 window every time (I don't like their in sim menu) I needed wx info and now I can just print it out virtually and look at it on my window! I also like how clear it is shown there, not squeezed into small MCDU pages making it hard to read. This is a true step forward in our virtual aviation community!"     He also sent me two pictures of the wx radar in action, reminding me of something I still find amazing since we first released our weather radar: The map mode. It's nothing new (for us, it's been in our radar since our 2014 release of the A320 Family!), but it's still amazing.     Compare these two pictures. The first has ground clutter suppression turned ON in WX+T mode, I'm sure you all have seen images like these a hundret times. The second one however is taken in map mode. You can clearly see Gran Canaria island on it, including the cities at the eastern short of the island the the rising mountain behind them. Cities reflect the radar beams stronger than their surrounding terrain, thus you are able to actually see cities on the radar if you eithers use MAP mode or tilt it down manually and disable GCS.
    • I am sure (at least I hope) that AS/SimWings will correct  these flaws very soon in an update. On the other side, Navaid incorrectness should not happen in a "professional" product.   Harry