[Skiathos X / Mykonos X] ORBX FTX EU Compatibility Patch!

Lars (29Palms)

Hi there,

thanks to our friends at ORBX, we can now provide full compatibility of Mykonos X and Skiathos X with ORBX FTX Europe (FTX England and FTX Wales).

Instructions:

1. Run FTX Central, set it to "Default"

2. Copy the files to “....\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.eu”
3. Run FTX Central, select "Europe"
4. Fly in Skaithos or Mykonos with full autogen!
Note these files also offer full compatibility with Earth Simulations sceneries and Aerosoft VFR Germany.

Download: http://29palms.de/files/29P_FTX_EU_COMP.zip (2.32MB)

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Lars,

This is excellent news, thank you!

I do have some questions however:

- Is there a particular order for installing add-ons and/or Orbx scenery?

- How to setup all of this from a clean install of FSX/P3D?

- Will it keep working when I install new Orbx sceneries or other Add-on sceneries that modify default.xml?

Thanks guys, I'm glad that you're already enjoying the new possibilities :)

Eric, I can't answer your first question, probably something to ask on the ORBX forums.

The order of installations doesn't matter in this case. This patch only adds entries to the ORBX files, even if Skiathos and Mykonos aren't installed there won't be any problems.

It will keep working when you're installing new add-ons (ORBX or other) since ORBX has the files as well and if they're going to release a new FTX area within Europe or FTX Global, the entries for Mykonos and Skiathos will already be included.

Anyone know if this patch makes FTX England compatible with the rest of just plain old default FSX as well??? For more information on what I refer to....see here: http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/59578-problems-after-installing-orbx-uk/

Nope, Kyle, to me it doesn't look that way:

Hi Lars,

Thanks for that patch. Very useful! Any chance of extending it to cover France and the France VFR products as well? Their houses display in FTX EU mode with your patch, but not the vegetation.

Best wishes,

Robert.

• 3 months later...

The effort is noble, but this breaks more than it fixes I am sorry to report.

Now Aerosoft EYVI Vilnius has no autogen as well as all FVFR products and LGSR Santorini.

I often wonder how hard it is for developers to add custom AG to the default files and not mess up other sceneries in the process?

I have said this for a while now and I repeat. We need an A/G merging tool.

Would be a great tool if one was made.

I have also read that France VFR have no interest in resolving autogen issues and working with other developers to resolve any issues that might happen when you install addons not made by them.

• 3 months later...

What happened to my skiathos? I guess I havent flown here in a while, and since my skiathos installation, ive installed FTX Global, and most recently EU England. I tried the patch files listed above, but my skiathos still looks like this. Ive tried a few things, but with no luck. Any tips? LjTI.jpg

Archived