Corfu X Preview (product released, topic closed)

I had a sneaking suspicion aerosoft would be behind this, I've been following the developmwnt on fsdeveloper for a few months now; it just looks amazing. Will definately be buying upon release.

wow, i'm glad to hear that another greek scenery is being worked from aerosoft!! definitely a buy! however i'm wondering why nobody has developed Athens Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (LGAV) so far..it's a great airport and a MAJOR hub in the mediterranean-middle east area..maybe aerosoft can make this one in the future..right Mathijs?blush.gif

• Developer

... however i'm wondering why nobody has developed Athens Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (LGAV) so far..

When you will call Flytampa "nobody", then you are correct :D

Is it done by LiVEinFSX, and if so, will it be compatible to or include their Corfu scenery?

Yes it is. As one of the developers i can tell you that the Photoreal is almost completely remade with Night Mapping and better quality.

• Upvote 1

Wooow, this is really good news again.

I'm looking forward to this.

I love how this picture looks.

corfu_preview_09.jpg

Mathijs, can you give us a coverage map of the area included in the addon?

And one last question: The corals in the upper left edge of this picture, are they from REX or are those included in the addon?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Yes it is. As one of the developers i can tell you that the Photoreal is almost completely remade with Night Mapping and better quality.

Welcome Dimitris!

Great work! Will this new scenery completely cover Korfu or only the area around the airport?

Welcome Dimitris!

Great work! Will this new scenery completely cover Korfu or only the area around the airport?

All the Island, Most detailed will be close to the airport and at the approach path of rwy 17. (Old/new city, castle, port and some more details are included ;) )

All the Island, Most detailed will be close to the airport and at the approach path of rwy 17. (Old/new city, castle, port and some more details are included ;) )

Hi Dimitris.

So, is this the same as the LiveInFSX scenery or is it an upgrade/rework? I have been interested by their products in the past.

Chris

Hi Dimitris.

So, is this the same as the LiveInFSX scenery or is it an upgrade/rework? I have been interested by their products in the past.

Chris

Hello Chris,

Corfu X will contain fully 3D modelled LGKR airport and a large part of scenery surrounding it. Also, it includes a visually upgraded photo-texture pack including detailed night maps.

The previous release you are referring to was a photo-real project only.

Emilios

• Upvote 1

Wooow, this is really good news again.

The corals in the upper left edge of this picture, are they from REX or are those included in the addon?

This picture is taken without any other add-ons running happy.gif

well, glad to see a usable Corfu scenery being in development! but i also hope it will be frame friendlier than SantoriniX!?:rolleyes:

Performance is a major part of development. The scene is also frequently tested on lower-end hardware configurations to ensure a good frame rate at the end.

Emilios

This picture is taken without any other add-ons running happy.gif

Emilios

Ok, thank you for the information. Looking at the current pictures it seems we can really expect a good addon.

• Aerosoft

well, glad to see a usable Corfu scenery being in development! but i also hope it will be frame friendlier than SantoriniX!?:rolleyes:

Santorini sort of holds the record for AutoGen scenery density. If you keep that down (say so only 50% of the hundreds of densely packed houses show) performance is fine, I get 35 fps without any problem. There is no optimalization possible on that, you simply pay for the amount of polygons.

Is this the last word that Corfu wont come for Fs2004???

Last beginning of december, 2010, I wrote an email to livefsx and have asked if Corfu comes for FS 2004 as well.

They said yes, currently und development for both Flightsims, FS 2004 and FSX?

And now????

Santorini sort of holds the record for AutoGen scenery density. If you keep that down (say so only 50% of the hundreds of densely packed houses show) performance is fine, I get 35 fps without any problem. There is no optimalization possible on that, you simply pay for the amount of polygons.

50% autogen, ok. But where is the purpose in developing a scenery which is only playable for CIA computers (with autogen at 100%). My system got knocked out at around 75% density (CTD) at 5fps, and i got quite fast hardware in it. But that's another topic.

b.t.t.: nice to have the developers keeping an eye on fps!