German Airfields FREE: Wasserkuppe

• Aerosoft

German Airfields FREE - Wasserkuppe

The Wasserkupppe airfield is reputedly the birth place of gliding and well know by glider pilots world wide and a favorite destination for GA trips. This free version is based on the FS2004 version and LimeSim updated it and made it merge perfectly with the other German scenery we sell. It's a great demo for the kind of scenery that makes Germany the best covered country in FSX.

- Sloping runway

- 0.5 meter pixel resolution

- Summer and winter textures

- Detailed Autogen

- Compatible with VFR Germany 1

- Fully FSX style scenery

- Animations & Sounds included

Get the file here!

----------------------------------------------

Die Wasserkuppe ist für viele der Inbegriff und Geburtsort der Segelfliegerei. Nicht zuletzt darauf wird es zurückzuführen sein, dass die Wasserkuppe bei einer Kundenumfrage in unserem Forum der mit Abstand am meisten gewünschte deutsche Flugplatz war. LimeSim bietet Ihnen nun in Zusammenarbeit mit Aerosoft die Wasserkuppe zum KOSTENLOSEN Download an! Die Szenerie basiert auf Quelldaten der "Scenery Germany 4" (FS2004), wurde in der vorliegenden Version aber noch einmal für den FSX überarbeitet, mit zusätzlichen Details versehen und mit unseren für den FSX erhältlichen Deutschland-Szenerien abgestimmt. Die Wasserkuppe war aufgrund ihrer schiefen Landebahn seinerzeit ein Probeprojekt von LimeSim, welches die darauf folgende und mehrfach preisgekrönte Szenerie "Lukla X - Mount Everest" erst ermöglicht hat.

- Schiefe Landebahn!

- Luftbildabdeckung 0.5m/pix ca. 4x4km um den Flugplatz (© Geocontent)

- Luftbilder für Winter und Sommer (mit "VFR Germany" nur Sommertexturen)

- Dichtes Autogen

- Kompatibel mit "VFR Germany 1"

- Verwendung von FSX-Effekten (schimmernde Landebahn bei Regen etc...)

- Sehr gute Performance

- Animierte Segelflugzeuge und Vögel

- Sounds

- Englischsprachiges Handbuch

Download hier!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Get the free file here!

• Upvote 4

That cyclist in the yellow sweatshirt sure gets around a lot, Mathijs!

you ought to run a contest one day - the person who can find him the most times gets a free download.

Thanks Aerosoft!

That cyclist in the yellow sweatshirt sure gets around a lot, Mathijs!

The one in the white shirt too - cycled there all the way from Hamburg ;)

Thank you - I appreciate your generous offer.

Edit: Just took a short flight around there - really nice and lovely scenery with cool touches - well worth to be included in a payware package.

A rather nice jesture on your part, Mr. Kok! smile.gif

Look forward to trying it out after my Motherboards returned from being RMA'ed...

BTW: Any news on Ms. Nicole S.'s return from leave?

Merci!

• Upvote 1

...i appreciate that free and absolutly nice scenery! I see the birds but not the gliders, is there a certain time, date or setting for that? On your pictures there are some hot air ballons, i don´t see them either!

Nevertheless...

THANK YOU!!

Thomas

Many Thanks!

It's always great to see payware developers do some freeware, definitely looking forward for the Antarctic X release. :)

:rolleyes:

Thanks Aerosoft.

For some reason your avatar pic at wexel.net is triggering security alerts on Google Chrome browsers.

I had this for FS9, and missed it in FSX. Thank you!

Is there a way to set the "VFR Germany 1 modulation" manually? I have that product installed, but I've moved it to a different hard disk.

UPDATE: Two things I notice right away:

(1) the new photos are much greener than the old VFR 1 colors (nice)

(2) Gliders circling in the air! I don't know if that's a first, but it's the first time I've seen it in the sim. As the 5-6-7-8s say in Kill Bill, Vol. 1: "Woo hoo, woo hoo hoo!" See http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=39735&p=447377#post447377 for a couple screenshots.

I keep a log of everything I install, so if something goes wrong I have a better chance of fixing it. This morning I installed this marvelous scenery. Since then, whenever I reload FSX, it rebuilds the scenery database. I was puzzled by this, but looking at my log I said, "Can't be anything else." So, I deselected the two new folders in the FSX scenery library, it rebuilt the scenery database (which it should do whenever you make changes like this), and I exited the sim. I restarted FSX: would it rebuild the scenery database again? Moment of truth... No, it didn't! Coincidence? I exit FSX and restart it. No, it doesn't rebuild the scenery database. Ergo, it is something in the two folders I just disabled.

What is it in the two scenery folders that Wasserkuppe installs that is triggering FSX to rebuild the scenery database every time the program loads? I don't see any files in those folders changing since they were installed, so I'm puzzled.

Thanks Aerosoft! I've had some fun takeoffs and landings there, I've gotten a Lear 45 off of there but crashed trying to land... at night, in the midst of the storm that pounded Germany, with a tailwind, and using the ENB mod to add a further challenge (the runway center stripes flyby REALLY fast at 80+Knots.) And I've managed to land an AN-32 there, the first try I was going in on a standard glide slope, but my speeds varied from 140 Knots to 80 Knots, first approach ran out of space to land and went around, second approach more consistent speed and dove for the runway, and at the same time started flaring, didn't crash but had a long taxi uphill...

Ergo, it is something in the two folders I just disabled.

I rather think it's one of FSX's odds. I have the released files activated all the time and it never rebuilds here. Can anyone confirm that?

Bests,

Sascha

...i appreciate that free and absolutly nice scenery! I see the birds but not the gliders, is there a certain time, date or setting for that? On your pictures there are some hot air ballons, i don´t see them either!

The gliders are not easy to spot - on several flights it took my quite a while to see them. The balloons are called from the FSX default object library but it might be very well possible that they are only visible in FSX Acceleration. I didn't check if they were in the FSX SP2 only installation. If they are there, you see them in the distance in the north.

Bests,

Sascha

Is there a way to set the "VFR Germany 1 modulation" manually? I have that product installed, but I've moved it to a different hard disk.

Yes, but in the VFRG compatibility version I have reduced Wasserkuppe's colors to have it merged in better.

Rename:

EDER_Aerial.bgl -> EDER_Aerial.off

EDER_Aerial_VFRGermany.off -> EDER_Aerial_VFRGermany.bgl

Copy all files from the Texture\VFRG\ folder to the parent (Texture) directory and overwrite the existing files (which are backed up in the subfolder called "normal").

Bests,

Sascha

It's always great to see payware developers do some freeware, definitely looking forward for the Antarctic X release. :)

Hope you don't mind that I have to dash your hopes for a free Antarctica scenery. :lol:

Bests,

Sascha