FS9 - Wilco 737 PIC (Boeing 737-300/400/500)

camaflight

HI,

this thread is made to ask for help with bad performance with WILCO's (Feelthere's) B 737-300/400/500) and to point on a - MAYBE - possible rain animation

problem (also with FS2004).

For my spesific questions please see the end of my post.

Well I bought this package (last updated version) with the intention of using it for FS2004. Of course I hoped for a none-problematic use of this plane and for me the 735 in particular.

After being a flightsimmer since the early nineties I know that things isn't allways that easy in our FS-world and so it seems to be with this product....for me at least.

I run PMDG NG's and PMDG MD-11 just smoothly somewhere between 20 and 32 FPS (locked on 32) depending on you know addon sceneries,

weather, traffic density and so on. For FS2004 my computer specs still aren't way off with following power setup; IntelP IV 3.6 Ghz, 2 GB RAM,

Nvidia GeForce 9800GT (512MB)and allways running with, if not all, then almost all unnecessary programs disabled.

In spite of this I experience that FPS is jumping (rapidly) between 12 and 31, mostly around 16. I'm not happy with that. However, for some reason this FPS-working scale (sorry for bad english)

suddenly changes by reducing to 3 - 30 with very rapidly jumps, seemingly moving around 6 as an average. That makes the sim un-useable.

I have contacted WILCO, however still awaiting some answer from them I try to get some experienced answers here with you.

I have monitored the memory usage and nothing indicates any memory leakage, besides it looks like PMDG MD-11 takes some more memory, however like said PMDG gives a

much more stabiized FPS mostly about 27. The same way I have monitored the CPU which seems to work a bit harder on the WILCO 737's than PMDG 737NG's or PMDG MD11. Still the CPU has it's max at about 80%.

I have noticed that with the FSX version there is a problem with performance due to rain animations. (There is a fix for this made by Flight1 if I have got that right).

With the behaviour I experience with FS2004 I think - MAYBE- I have seen a possible source for the performane steeping so much. After loading ASv5 providing real wether I got rain on the default airport where I made my first test. When moving to another airport the FPS had become very low as described. Moving back to the first airport didn't help.

I disabled the ASv5 and changed the weather to clear. That did not help.

I restarted the sim with clear weather and the performance was back to the highest level of FPS this addon seems to work on.

The next step I made was to repeat the weather with rain using ASv5 - the same happened after a short while; the performance dropped. Next I quit the sim, started it up with previous flight but without ASv5; rain but no ASv5. The result was low performance. Changing to clear weather didn't help.

My questions:

1) Is the performance for this addon in FS2004 really that bad compared to f.ex PMDG ?

2) Have anyone experienced dramatical drop in performance level of this product and if so have you found the source of this problem or even a fix ?

Long post, I know, but for those of you that may be interested it should contain necessary information as far as I can provide at this stage.

Carl

• 6 months later...

HI,

this thread is made to ask for help with bad performance with WILCO's (Feelthere's) B 737-300/400/500) and to point on a - MAYBE - possible rain animation

problem (also with FS2004).

For my spesific questions please see the end of my post.

Well I bought this package (last updated version) with the intention of using it for FS2004. Of course I hoped for a none-problematic use of this plane and for me the 735 in particular.

After being a flightsimmer since the early nineties I know that things isn't allways that easy in our FS-world and so it seems to be with this product....for me at least.

I run PMDG NG's and PMDG MD-11 just smoothly somewhere between 20 and 32 FPS (locked on 32) depending on you know addon sceneries,

weather, traffic density and so on. For FS2004 my computer specs still aren't way off with following power setup; IntelP IV 3.6 Ghz, 2 GB RAM,

Nvidia GeForce 9800GT (512MB)and allways running with, if not all, then almost all unnecessary programs disabled.

In spite of this I experience that FPS is jumping (rapidly) between 12 and 31, mostly around 16. I'm not happy with that. However, for some reason this FPS-working scale (sorry for bad english)

suddenly changes by reducing to 3 - 30 with very rapidly jumps, seemingly moving around 6 as an average. That makes the sim un-useable.

I have contacted WILCO, however still awaiting some answer from them I try to get some experienced answers here with you.

I have monitored the memory usage and nothing indicates any memory leakage, besides it looks like PMDG MD-11 takes some more memory, however like said PMDG gives a

much more stabiized FPS mostly about 27. The same way I have monitored the CPU which seems to work a bit harder on the WILCO 737's than PMDG 737NG's or PMDG MD11. Still the CPU has it's max at about 80%.

I have noticed that with the FSX version there is a problem with performance due to rain animations. (There is a fix for this made by Flight1 if I have got that right).

With the behaviour I experience with FS2004 I think - MAYBE- I have seen a possible source for the performane steeping so much. After loading ASv5 providing real wether I got rain on the default airport where I made my first test. When moving to another airport the FPS had become very low as described. Moving back to the first airport didn't help.

I disabled the ASv5 and changed the weather to clear. That did not help.

I restarted the sim with clear weather and the performance was back to the highest level of FPS this addon seems to work on.

The next step I made was to repeat the weather with rain using ASv5 - the same happened after a short while; the performance dropped. Next I quit the sim, started it up with previous flight but without ASv5; rain but no ASv5. The result was low performance. Changing to clear weather didn't help.

My questions:

1) Is the performance for this addon in FS2004 really that bad compared to f.ex PMDG ?

2) Have anyone experienced dramatical drop in performance level of this product and if so have you found the source of this problem or even a fix ?

Long post, I know, but for those of you that may be interested it should contain necessary information as far as I can provide at this stage.

Carl

Im having the same problem you described above. When loading one of the 737's the frame rates seem pretty reasonable at about 30-40 FPS but after a few minutes I get a large drop, all the way down to 8 FPS from spot view and 12-15 from 2D cockpit, I also get the same frame rate fluctuations you have described, varying wildly from 7-38 FPS, but this only happens after a few minutes of having the aircraft loaded. I dont have this problem with any other aircraft and am running FS2004 with Win 7 32bit. I was wondering if you ever found a solution to this problem...

Hello Carl,

Flight1 have a Rain Fix I believe, just Google it and you should fined it.

As for the other problem, try going to a Country where you have no scenery like outer Mongolia no weather and see if it still happens.

I tried aliasing the default 737_400 panel to one of the models and the problem with dropping framerates disappeared, but when I aliased the wilco 737 panel to the default 737_400 model, it reappeared, so it seems that the panel is doing something to lower the framerates over time, don't really know what to do, this doesn't occur with other wilco products...

• 3 weeks later...

In the feelthere folder there should be configuration files for each of the planes. Try lowering the refresh rate for the EADI, EHSI and CDU - that might help.

I use this for fsx is it's very easy on frames.

I am experiencing the same problem.

With the PIC 737 in FS9 I have a slight framerate loss of about 1 or 2 frames (normally I have a stable framerate of 25 locked). But this is normal as it is common knowledge that the PIC 737 is slightly heavier on the frames then, let's say, PMDG.

So everything seems normal, but, as time passes I notice a slow but steady drop in framerates. After 10 minutes I am having a framerate of about 15 with jumps to 20-25 occasionally. This eventually gets as low as 8-10 fps.

It doesn't matter at which airport I'm standing. The proplem keeps occurring, even in an area with default scenery.

As far as I can recall I have flown the PIC 737 before on this same system before, but I'm not 100% sure...

It is just such a pitty that this problem occurs, as it is such a wonderful addon.

Now I will try the tip mentioned by Damocles and see if it helps (although I have the feeling that it won't).

I'll see if I can get some answers on the Wilco forum...

My system:

Asus P5Q SE motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 @ 3150 MHz

4 GB DDR2-800 RAM (OCZ)

GeForce 8800GT 512 MB video card

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

(I have a slightly faster system with an E8400 @ 3.75 GHz, but I am not using it for FS at the moment).